El Gato Recommends… (September Edition)


by Senji Torrey

Media Production Editor

Nas’s newest album, King’s Disease, is perhaps exactly what everyone needs right now. In his thirteenth album, Nas talks, or preaches rather, about subjects ranging from loving who you are, the Black Lives Matter movement, and even sexism towards women. Whether it’s effortlessly smooth songs like Ultra Black, the hopeful and uplifting lyrics of Til the War is Won, or just a simple masterpiece such as The Cure, Nas has truly mastered the craft of creating music that unequivocally and perpetually touches people to a great degree.


by Alia Arafeh

Editorial Editor

If you like dystopian stories with strong female leads, I highly recommend the Netflix original entitled 3%. The Brazilian-Portugese TV show depicts a post-apocalyptic world in which only 3 percent of the population live on an island of paradise, while the other 97 percent live in extreme poverty and are mistreated by the government. To qualify for the 3 percent, the characters have one chance to pass a series of rigorous tests. Michele, the main character, decides to make a change to this unjust system. The show is incredibly well-written and includes a very diverse cast, which is rare in American media.

Leave a Reply